Trends: Spring 2011

The chilly weather will soon be gone and it will be time to lay off those jackets and polo necks. I've been trying to consolidate what's IN for this coming hot season and I must say, the brave shall prosper on this one. I decided to start with the guys - no particular reason - just 'cause I CAN! tltltltl!

FOR THE GUYS



HANDBAGS



Yeah! I know it's always been a girl thing but men out there are rocking bags like it's going out of fashion. Well, of course there are certain styles to look out for. We don't want to find you hogging pink Jimmy Choos all in the name of being stylish. There are nice masculine shoppers that you should shop around for. Think canvas with a touch of leather.


BAGGY CUTS



Drop the skinny jeans guys! now its all about baggy pants and chinos. No frowning yall! you'll love it.

JUST WHITE








































I know! that whole Diddy parties look is everywhere in the Spring collections and it looks like our men can't shy away from it. All white is BIG so, drop your defences and dive right in to it.

SEE THROUGH



It must be difficult for the straight guys to accept this one but...it's what it is. Sheer tops and shirts are taking over and I must say, the trend doesn't look bad at all...I LOVE IT! Show us those biceps! *wink*

KEEPING IT SIMPLE



Minimalist colours and solids...your khakhis, stone, desert and cream whites just blended with stone washed jeans. That must be a relief!

THE WINDBREAKER



There's no need for wind to make this work...just wear it..anytime any day, with or without the wind! It's just a fashion statement and keep the colours playful and bright!

FOR THE LADIES

COLOUR BLOCKING



Everyone who's anyone is talking about colour blocking. Going big on bright colours without a care in the world if they match...I kinda love this trend but am not sure if I'd be able to pull it off. I like the way Gucci presented it here though. Those bronze belts make a hell of a difference.

SHEER MAXI DRESSES


I just love that this trend is back...safa nguletigcebhe! Okay...that's me being jealous. But, long flow dresses made the cut this season and Gavin Rajah (see designs above) made it all look so simple at this year's Cape Town Fashion Week.

WIDE LEG PANTS & BELL BOTTOMS



Yep! go rummage your mum or gran's wardrobe. These are so big this season especially worn with white shirts and or tank tops and chunky heels.


THE CHUNKY HEELS, CLOGS & WEDGES

 




















At some point I thought I looked weird in wedges 'cause of my height and I avoided them all my life until I cam across a pair of brown laceup Zaras that I just couldn't resist as I was pimping up my closet for Spring. I gathered courage to wear them once n' ooh la la...the accolades I got...they quickly became my favourite purchase so far!

***


COLOURFUL HEELS


This season it's all about colour...the brighter, the better. So, colour blocked heels and just in one colour is what's going down this time around. Think yellow, blue, turquoise, red, pink, orange...yep!

FOR EVERYONE

ARMY INSPIRED OUTFITS


Whether it's shirts, cargos, skirts or dresses - from camouflage to just  plain army green...this look is back this Spring and it's got tongues wagging.

STRIPES


Bold, thin or whatever the case may be - anything striped is HOT! I invested in a floor-length bold striped navy n' white dress  recently n' I just love the way i can do anything with it! So, tops, dresses, skirts, u name it, it's all IN.

MOTORCYCLE STYLE


Biker jackets, biker skirts, biker pants - just think leather and you've nailed it.

There you have it...a guide to what you need in order to stand out in Spring! Do send us those photos of you looking hot or if you spot someone looking good, don't be jealous - snap that with your phone and send it to me! I'll be waiting.

Till then...*wink*

Comments