The Name is KrTC >>> KrTC of Hip Hop!


An uncontested rapper and Ad Creative who is also equally competitive in Basketball, Weight-lifting and Tae-bo – that’s none other than the charming KrTC. Huh! Those biceps don't lie*wink*


Doing it with ATTITUDE...did I mention the biceps?
 Popularly known as the other half of “Siyinqaba”, a rap duo that has made waves not only in Swaziland but throughout Africa, there’s absolutely more to KrTC than the good looks and flawless rhymes.

Born Thamsanqa Sibandze, KrTc boasts of being an Ad Creative at Ad’s-Up BrandHouse where he does radio, print and TV advert concepts, production of radio adverts, jingles and pabx messages.  Who would have guessed that he’s also an avid reader?


He does look like a guy that reads a lot here...huh?

Well, there’s certainly so much excitement around this young man so, I just had to have a word with him. This is how it went:
The name KrTC…where does it come from?
The name ‘KrTC’ is slang for the English word ‘courtesy’.  KrTC of Hip-Hop simply means I am who and where I am courtesy of Hip-Hop and when I get behind the mic, the Hip-Hop that U hear is courtesy of me!
For our readers all over the world; what should they know about you?
I only seek to do the one thing that no one else in the world can do, and that’s to be the best ME that I can be.
Hey, how did it feel to have one of your songs on the Big Brother Amplified playlist?
The Big Brother achievement was overwhelming and humbling. Honestly, I’ve got to a point where certain things don’t surprise me no more. I trust in God, I pray, I tithe and my Pastor pronounces blessings over my life. I do my best and ask God to do the rest.


A man's best friend
What’s been your biggest achievement so far?
The fact that after so many years and after so many obstacles I’m still here pursuing my dream which I now firmly believe is my calling (or purpose). Everything else that has happened has been a result of that patience and perseverance.
How can you describe your style? What’s your favourite style item?
My style is simply expression. I do, say or wear whatever feels right to me at the time. I refused to be put in a box as one thing and not the other. My favorite style item has to be my smile, it goes with anything, anywhere, anytime J
What three things would you definitely save if your house was on fire?
Honestly, I’m not even in the least bit materialistic, there is no one item that I own that I hold in high regard above other things. Just as long as my soul is safe, then I’m ait!
What’s the one thing that people probably don’t know about you?
I rap as a form of expression but my music of choice is Classic Music. I have a huge collection of symphonies by Bach, Mozart, Beethovan, Tchaikovsky, Ludwig and I’m an avid Josh Groban and Charlot Church listener.

When the future gets too bright...get a pair of shades!

Classic Music! Really? Any’s, what project are you working on right now?
Mozaik and I are in studio working on the follow up album. I’m also working on a social responsibility program called One of US (watch this space)

What can we look forward to from you in the near future?
Look forward to a ‘KrTC’ re-branding, I think it’s about time we had an internationally recognized personality from Swaziland…what do U think?

What do I think? I’m just blown away…I totally can’t wait! I’ve always thought this guy had potential back in the day when I interviewed him at The Times – must have been some 10 years or so ago – well, who’s counting?

VIDEO: Siyinqaba @ work!




*Slowly breathing in and out*

Comments