Blow By Blow: Maybe Being a Housewife Isn't So Bad...?

*APOLOGIES FOR THE DELAY IN PUBLISHING THIS COLUMN! YEAR-END SALES ISSUES EISH!*


The Housewife Career (“if you can even call it that! “another member of said group could jeer) so imagine my wonder when I watched Mona Lisa Smile and actually agreed with Julia Stile’s character (Joan Brandwyn) when she chose being a housewife over studying Law at the prestigious Yale Law School in her country.

This actually makes sense to me! I was completely surprised at the admiration I felt towards this Joan character after I’d let myself push my sympathy towards Katherine out of the way. Maybe she is right! Maybe you really can’t do both.


In this new generation we’re told as women that we can “do everything” but maybe we can’t. How can you call yourself a full-time mother when you only see your children for 20 minutes a day?  
It’s a sad thing that the feminist movement was put in motion for the liberation of women but has now become the very force that puts women in the position to feel so inadequate when they realize, finally, that they can’t do everything. But we have to understand that men can’t do everything either! No-one can do everything—the only difference is that men aren’t forced to.

And at the end of the day we’re all faced with the realization that maybe the “old way” did make sense. A team is defined as a group of people who play different roles to achieve a goal. The goal was a happy household, well-rounded children and a better, more stable society where everyone knows what their role is.

The women knew their main goal as a hardcore feminist was known to be part of a group that has always looked down on the way to raise the children to be better people and the man’s was to finance that project. I’ve always said that children raised by parents who wanted them and made a huge effort to do so properly are always more emotionally sound. Perhaps the feminist movement’s insistence on training women to “think for themselves” has borne a generation of women who only think about themselves! It is this same selfishness that has put the future of mankind on a teeter-totter.

This can only be fixed if we finally admit to ourselves that we do have to choose. How can we expect to raise a generation of better women if we’re hardly home to do so? What happens is we get MTV raising our children and teaching them that the only way to be successful in life is to shake your rear-end and behave promiscuously. We get pop-stars singing about independent women in one video then bowing down trouser-less in front of hip-hop stars in the next.

What I’m saying is: Either you become a successful career-woman who knows that being a woman can never stop you from being the best in your field or you become a mother that raises girls who understand that it’s okay to be whatever woman you want to be. But I believe that the only way to be good at something is to focus all your energies in that field.
I’m not saying women with jobs are bad mothers; I just think a good mother with a job can be a far better mother without that job.



I’m not saying women with high career goals should give up on the idea of children or that women who want children should forget about their careers. What I am saying is to be the best at either you have to give up on the other and that a career woman should not be surprised when her children aren’t exactly what she wanted them to be. It’s time we learnt to strike that balance ladies! We can do it if we put our minds to it.

Well, I’m going to choose the career for now because I’m a perfectionist and obsessessed with being the best at what I do…but what happens to my children?? Does my mother raise them because she is a housewife?? 


Do I go on a search for theeee “RICH” husband so that I become a full time mother to my kids?? Either way if I want the best results I have to figure out which comes first my career or my family?? 


Can I afford to give up my career in these economy-troubled times?? Cause they say two incomes are now better than one…well well I guess this is a question that I will leave me fellow Feminists to answer…I’m just a pretty girl caughtup  in this fierce game called life.. ;)

My Prayer:

DEAR GOD


CAN THE “RICH” HUSBAND COME ALREADY…I have kids to raise!


Amen


LOL! Same time, Same site, Same Diva J (smiles for dayzzzz.)


Follow me on TWITTER:@Sunflower1309 

Comments