Put Your Story Up As One of 7 Billion Stories

Some two weeks ago, the UNFPA Swaziland Facebook group invited their friends to stand up and be counted. They asked us what we have done to make a difference in Swaziland. I thought wow! what a great opportunity to share my story with the world and jumped for it immediately.


We're among them! What about YOU?



Only 2 out of 254 Friends - What a Shame!


This is a group with 254 friends to date but, as I was going through http://www.7billionactions.org/stories/ to see who had shared their stories, I was shocked that it was just myself and Red Apple Planners & Coordinators Founder, Thabile Maripe who had actually submitted our stories.

This raised the question that, why do people need to be pushed really? Why can't people see this as a chance to stand up and be counted?

Your story doesn't need to have changed thousands of lives but every story counts friends. Even if you have changed your own life or that of a family member or have seen someone do it for you - tell your story!


I'm Proud To Be One of 7Billion 


What I like is that, I can always go back to my profile and change, update my story and my picture - it's my story and I have full ownership. Go ahead and google me - you will see my story as one of 7Billion - how cool is that! I'm really proud of myself for taking that step.


Everyone has an opportunity and a responsibility to make a world of 7 billion a better place for all of us. 


Please Be Counted Too


Please be counted...let us put Swaziland on the map for something positive for a change.
The staff at UNFPA Swaziland should lead this campaign - we want to see your stories here - lead by example! 


I'll give you a tip - for FREE! You always host workshops and meetings, make this part of your agenda. Make sure that all your workshop participants put their stories up before the end of the workshop, meeting or conference - Everyone has a story to tell!


Go to http://www.7billionactions.org/stories/ and be counted.


No story is too minor or too small to be counted!


Love you all! Thanks for stopping by.

Comments