Where Were You?

Sometime during the week, my friend sent me an email with some of the following photos and I thought...wow! that would make for a great read. So, i went through life's archives and came back with these interesting pieces.


Yep! E1.00 was a note back in the day


Ema "Did You Know"! I know they still exist but they no longer play the part they played back in the day *wink* 

When I joined The Times of Swaziland, we used these...yebo! Nothing about flash drives here
Who said anything about flash? these were what we used to store data...floppy disks and these coloured ones were the fancy ones heheheya!


Ema crickets tltltltl

Marbles...wuuuwi! nowadays, kids speak of PlayStation this & that! 


*Singing* Mello Mello Yello Mello Yello! Mello Yello sofdrink was perhaps my favourite soda ever! Wonder why they stopped producing it. 
This type of VW kombi was known for selling ice-cream every Sunday after lunch eMobeni. 

Ninja Turtles...loved them to bits!

This was my first cell-phone...Yeah! that yellow one. We had no Social Networking issues then. 


Yep! Even the E2.00 was a note *smh* People really moved lighter back then huh?

This was thee clothing store...yerrrr!



...and the E5.00 *sob sob* I want to be 5 again!

This phone knows me very very well...hehehe! *direct translation* lingati kahle hle...used to abuse it at home tjoo

Then these youngsters think they are HOT with their Mahawks...we just see Mr. T hehehe!

South Africa also had their own notes back in the Apartheid era

Video cassettes...yah neh?

Anybody remember the yoyo? I remember Coca-Cola even had a yoyo competition during this time "Walk the dog" "loop the loop" I was quite good too hey! *side eye*

So, this new E10.00 with the maidens at the Reed dance....now you know where the idea stems from...that E1.00 note at the beginning...We have come full circle!

Apart from BCCI, Studio 24 & Maxims Night Clubs, Smart Centre, what other places or things come to your mind when you think back...way back?

Send us your COMMENTS in the space below and let's all reminisce about the good ol'days. Waw'ngakanani?  

Comments