Feature: My Oldest Style Item

As women we tend to hang on to certain items in our closets but some things are just worth clinging on to. I asked three gorgeous ladies to share some of their oldest style items...those items that have stood the test of time and still occupy special space in their closets as amazing classics.




Philile Masango Media Mogul


This is my favourite oldest dress that I got from 'one of my mothers' *smiles* She also gave me this super cool bag to go with. Both items are probably over 30 years old because she wore them in her mid 20s and now she's in her early 70s.I love the fact that I can rock both items at any function during any season as long as I play right with my accessories and makeup to give it a modern-chic and current flare.


Lady Poet Nomvula Nxumalo aka Ms Vee

A handbag that belonged to my great grandmother, she only used it on special ocassions so it's still in good condition. She past away last year at 93 years old. I am now a proud owner of her vintage bag, which is my favourite handbag in my collection. 



Fanele Chester - Blogger (www.fanelelove.com) 



Oldest style item: here's the thing, I constantly give things away. I only become attached for about a year or two then that's it! Its not the best policy, but I cannot handle excess! I need to be able to see everything that's in my wardrobe when making clothing selections.

The oldest item right now is a leather jacket I bought at H&M in 2009 I believe. It's a brown shade with a hood, and a handy inside pocket for cellphone, gloss or other essentials. I love it because of its simplicity. Great for layering, not bulky and transitions from chilly autumn days to not so warm spring days to cool summer evenings. I have a feeling though that it will be replaced soon :)

Wow! such amazing pieces! I'll definitely share some pics of a dress I inherited from my mom as well...I just need to wait for a good day *wink*

Find us on Facebook: Swazi Style Scene
Follow us on Twitter: @Swazistylescene
Email us your stories &/or pictures: swazidivas@yahoo.com

Comments