Stylish Hlanhla Lukhele is Loving Taiwan Life!

Colour blocking done right
Arguably one of the most stylish Swazis ever, Hlanhla Lukhele shares with us what she has been up to lately. Most of us may know her as the Manzini hairstylist who specialized in braids and dreadlocks but Hlanhla has moved overseas and this is what she said.

Reading on the sidewalk! How snazzy is that vintage outfit?
What are you doing in Taiwan?
I’m here to do a Bachelors in Food and Beverage Culinary Arts.
What made you choose this career path?
Growing up I realized how much I enjoy cooking and was encouraged to take on culinary because of all the compliments I got whenever I cooked.  Fortunately I was admitted to study in Chung Chou University of Science and Technology.

Hlanhla all kitted with Chef Sasa & assistants

Is that all you’re concentration on while in Taiwan?
I’m also planning on studying Creative Style, Cosmetic and Hair Design at the same time; basically kill 2 birds with one stone. 
Simple yet stunning!
How long will all this take?
My majors will take four years of which this year I’m learning Mandarin (Chinese) for general communication whilst still here then next year I start on the actual majors.
Check out the fans behind her! LOL
How did you get into this institution?
A good friend of mine referred me to a link to apply to this school and fortunately it was offering scholarship so I went for it.
Rocking a maxi skirt!
Future Plans?
I’d like to open a combo business entailing a restaurant and a salon (I haven't given up on that dream, I love hair, beauty and fashion).
Enjoying the night life
How can other young Swazis get to where you are?
You can visit www.ccut.edu.tw and select the English version since the websites here are always written in Chinese.  It would be very dandy to see more Swazis being educationally empowered.  Another option is to Google Asian universities with scholarships for international students, which might help too.
Hanging with a friend

Taking over the streets

All wrapped up for a chilly day

We wish Hlanhla all the best and hope she'll be sharing a great part of her journey with us as she goes along. We'll definitely be digging into those amazing dishes when she comes on holiday *happy dance*

Follow us on Twitter @swazistylescene, Like our Facebook Page or email us on swazidivas@yahoo.com.

You can also send us your comments below. We want to hear from you!

Comments