The drought is so real, be cautious Swaziland!


Having seen and heard the news of the drought in Swaziland especially in the Lowveld, nothing could have prepared me for the reality of Maguga Dam.

One of the hotspots in Swaziland and a major tourist attraction, Maguga Dam has been reduced to a shadow of itself. There's definitely no boat rides and fishing to be done there. It's sad, really sad.


As my friend and I were driving from Pigg's Peak, I immediately called her to a halt as we drove on that big bridge. "Is that what Maguga looks like now?", I asked her and she nodded. I felt a part of me break. I swear there was a tear in my eye as we stopped for an even closer look. Maguga Dam is no more Swaziland. The pain I felt as I looked at the once high level of its waters, yes you can still see the marks of where the water level reached.

This is how the dam was before the drought.
I just had to share this to emphasise the drought plight that the country is facing. Please be responsible as you handle water - things really got real so fast!

LET'S CONSERVE WATER SWAZILAND!


Want to share your news too? Email us swazidivas@yahoo.com 

Follow us on Twitter @swazistylescene, Find us on FacebookTag us on Instagram #SwaziScene. We want to hear from you!

Comments