Mbongiseni Msibi: A Swazi medical student producing viral videos!



Born in Pigg's Peak in Swaziland's Hhohho region, Mbongiseni Msibi would never have thought his videos would go viral.

As a Medical student in the Ukraine in Europe, currently doing his third year, nothing would have prepared him for what became of his random idea of doing vines aka short videos, which has now become a go-to not just for entertainment but for inspiration among young people on the social media streets.How did the idea really come about?

My friend from Zimbabwe said he can produce the videos and his studio is called Starfish studios.... Reason why I started doing these short videos is, I was going through Facebook one day and came across some of the vines done by some American guys called king Bach and King Kennedy to mention a few so I thought to myself why don't I try this out. I also love acting during my free time. Another reason is that I'd like my country Swaziland to have a successful film industry one day.

What's your take on the film industry in Swaziland?

Our country is really lacking in that part. When it comes to music we are doing well but we're really behind when it comes to the filming industry. I want to one day act in a Swazi based movie that will go as far as the US. I believe in Swaziland we have a lot of hidden talent when especially in acting but the problem is that we don't get the opportunity to do the acting. 

How did the public react to your first video?

When I released my first video I got a lot of good feedback from a lot of people on Facebook. I also received constructive criticism so when we produced the second vine, it was far better in terms of quality and sound and the message. 

What genre do you focus on?

We do both comedy and inspirational videos that will touch people's lives. Starfish and Fish Entertainment is still going to produce good videos. 

His company, Fish Entertainment stems from his nickname which he has embraced since his high school days. 


How do you feel about the response your videos are getting?


The crew that work with Mbongiseni. The actors.
The way people enjoy watching is overwhelming. In terms of viewership we're coming alright, we haven't had views of less than a thousand. We are just a group of medical students who want to change lives. One of my dreams is for Fish Entertainment to be as huge and as successful as Swazi Jive Entertainment. I would like to pass my words of appreciation to Swazi style scene for choosing us to write about us. Fish Entertainment on the rise!


Want to share your news too? Email us swazidivas@yahoo.com 

Follow us on Twitter @swazistylescene, Find us on FacebookTag us on Instagram #SwaziScene. We want to hear from you!



Comments